In Aid of The Royal British Legion and Teenage Cancer Trust
Sunday, 11th November 2018 @ 11:02 (after observing a two minute silence of remembrance.)
The 10Km traffic-free multi-terrain course of two laps around Beckenham Place Park on footpaths through woods and grass fields. It has been measured with a surveyor’s wheel, and is subject to UKA rules. Runners should be prepared for hills, and in the event of wet weather, some muddy and/or slippery patches. There is minimal tarmac, but expect protruding tree roots, uneven surfaces and a short but steep embankment, at approximate the 2Km and 7Km points.
The course will be marshalled at regular points and there will be a sweeper to accompany the last runner(s) on the 2nd lap. Trail shoes are recommended (spikes are not required), but road shoes should also be adequate except in the event of heavy rainfall beforehand. There will be a water station at 5km and at the finish.
- Online entry on runbritain
The cost for 2018 is:
- Entries in advance: Affiliated £12, non-affiliated £14
- Entries on the day (Only available if race limit not reached): Affiliated £14, non-affiliated £16
Location (Race HQ)
Beckenham Cricket Club
Facilities & Parking
There are changing facilities, showers and toilets at race HQ. There is limited car parking within the club grounds, but there is plenty of free on-road parking on the surrounding roads. Cycle parking is available within the car park.
Race HQ is approximately 5 minutes’ walk from Beckenham Junction station (trains from Victoria/Orpington, Croydon Tramlink and local buses), 10 minutes from both New Beckenham (trains from Hayes/Charing Cross) and Ravensbourne Stations (trains from Orpington). Local buses serve stops located on Foxgrove and nearby Southend Road.
Race Number Collection
Your race number will be ready to collect from race HQ on the day between 09:30 and 10:30.
Before the race
Runners are welcome to use the club grounds at race HQ to warm up. Approximately 20 minutes before the start time a horn will sound, entrants should make their way to the start (see map below). It is approximately 800 metres from race HQ, so please leave in plenty of time.
Please note that the last post will be played and there will be a silence observed before the race; the start will therefore be at 11:02. The start and finish is on top of Crab Hill, in Beckenham Place Park (see map below) close to the Westgate Road entrance to the park.
Finish / After the race
A memento will be awarded to all finishers and there will be tea and cake for all runners back at race HQ (as long as stocks last!). Other refreshments will be available for purchase from the club bar after 12 noon.
Shortly after the race has finished, individual prizes will be awarded at race HQ to:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Man and Lady
- 1st Male Vet Over 40, Over 50, Over 60
- 1st Lady Vet Over 35, Over 45, Over 55
- 1st Men’s Team, 1st Ladies Team (three to qualify)
UKA Licence No.
- Awaiting approval
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2017 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2016 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2015 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2014 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2013 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2012 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2011 Results
- Beckenham Charity Trail Race 2009 Results